Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
01/04/20 07:54 AM
Re: My 2019-2020 Hunting Season

Louis, plastic bags are definitely unusable here in Australia for most places but even in Victoria where the temperatures can get very low in winter I still believe that plastic bags are not all that suitable as they do not allow the meat to breathe and cool down quick enough. I notice that there is condensation in your bags even though the weather is cold.

I and most hunters that I know use pillow cases which are cheap, light and breathe easily. They can be washed and reused and if to heavily stained just thrown out and replaced at minimal cost. Once back at the car I have a number of canvas bags I had made up out of tent canvas measuring 600mm x 900mm with a draw string at the top, which I then place the now cooled down meat which is still in the pillow case into the canvas bag. This way I don't make a mess in the back of the car, the meat doesn't get contaminated and you don't get idiots ringing the police because they saw blood stained bags in the back of your car. Once at home I transfer everything to the coolroom and wash the bags ready for next time.

At least that's what I do and it works for me.

Nice little Land Rover Defender by the way, what year is it.

Matt.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com