NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
17/10/19 09:28 PM
Re: My 2018-2019 hunting season

Hi Louis,

Thanks for answering Rod's question, and a good and expansive answer it was.

The next question be might ask and all the rest of us non-Frenchmen!

How do foreigners get to hunt in France?!

I assume one method is they are guests of someone with land or hunting rights. If the French friend owns land, rents land or rents hunting rights, or has personal hunting rights in a syndicate, I guess they can be a "guest" of that person?

I a foreign hunter has no wonderful friends in France like this, can hunting access be purchased by a foreigner? Similar to how you might purchase tags from the gov't or forestry authority and requiring a guide?

I assume French residents require a hunting or hunters licence? What is involved for a resident for this? Long and complicated with training and courses? Or a permit which is purchased? Or something in between? what about foreigners?

I', asking just out of interest. I do hope to hunt oneday in France with a friend there, if he remembers he asked me! Twice! I personally find it interesting to join in locals and experience how they hunt and their traditions and experiences. It isn't about a huge set of antlers or tusks or horns. They can be nice on the wall afterwards, but joining in the difference hunting cultures a great experience as well.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com