NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/10/19 06:38 PM
Re: Wild Boar Attacks 2019

Quote:

Turn the volume up for #1. You will hear a click just before the boar gets to him. Did he forget to load the rifle, bad ammo?

Probably a range trained shooter who carries his firearm empty chamber until it is "needed".

I have hunted with a host who insisted all guns broken open until shooting! And it was walked up pheasant shoot! So the guns were open and when a pheasant rose, you closed your gun, mounted it to your shoulder to shoot. Called excessive safety and risk worries by the host. Possibly he had an incident with a dickhead.

On the other hand I remember ErikD from these forums. First day I hunted moose with him, and was on the highest furtherest out spot on the mountain. Being new he was going to sit with me the first time. I was to walk the trail first. Then Erik and then a bunch of others. In line, the last person would peel off at the proper spot and head to their "stand". As the first person, Erik had me chamber a round, put the safety on, a Mauser M03 was it was uncocked, in case we bumped into something on the way up. Everyone else had chambers empty on closed guns. A sensible way to do it and safely.

When stalking, still hunting etc, I always carry a firearm round chambered, and usually safety off/cocked. Keep the muzzle in a safe direction. Safety on, when needed.

And the scope usually wound right down, unless in very open country or hunting small game.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com