NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/10/19 06:32 PM
Re: Wild Boar Attacks 2019

Quote:

Quote:

Wonder why No1 did not fire. Why would you hunt in very close scrub with a scoped rifle. Can't see more than 10 feet, scope would be a big hindrance.

When I use to hunt around the Booligal area in NSW the Hay hospital treated more people for wounds inflicted by pigs than any other type of wound/injury. Mind you blokes use to be on all fours crawling through lignum (type of vine bush similar to lantana) tunnels with a short shotgun or lever action carbine.

Same reason as 'hunters' put 12 - 36x scopes on their "hunting" rifles. They shoot paper, talk on the internet and have no idea.

Many shooters have never shot a rifle without a scope and have no idea about it.

I think every new shooter and especially young boys and girls should all start off with a .22 RF single shot and open sights. And learn with it, and move on from th

Watching the video again, I had EXACTLY the same thought.

Also that some of these guys need to practice with their firearms more, and also learn how to shoot them. One problem is excessive range safety. The dickheads who believe your firearms must be chamber unloaded, safety on all the time, uncocked or even the action broken open all the time. Hunting is hunting, and range safety belongs on the range not the hunting field. However there is also hunting safety of course, and some people fail at it all no matter what.

On the video, I did not, I think it was the first video, where the guys were standing. In a open cut, in a line, and facing the thick forest. So a boar running out, probably is between the hunters. Dangerous. Why aren't they standing on the other side of the cut?

Also not the poor dogs. One dog yelps at the shot, I think it is hanging on the end of the boar when firing. I think he stands then as the boar continues forward. Hopefully was not hit by shot. I would not want my dog being on one of these hunts with these dickheads.

And a couple of times after an incident, the hunter staggers away, in shock at the closeness, meanwhile the dog is doing the work. Why isn't the hunter moving around to shoot the boar again? In one example he wasn't even touched, though it came close.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com