NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
01/10/19 03:10 PM
Re: My 2018-2019 hunting season

Louis, thanks for posting. Really enjoyed reading your mountain hunting story and photos, and about your hunting year. And the use of a fine single shot rifle. I guess the KS projectiles work OK on these lighter bodied animals?

Another mountain hunting story. My heart pumps just thinking of it!

I would be challenged by even the drive back on narrow and rough mountain tracks covered by a light layer of snow. Slippery to someone who has driven on snow, maybe twice in his life. Good to see you got your vehicle out before the metre of snow and a winter's wait for it to get it out. YThe closest I have come to that is getting my Pajero 4WD stuck up to the frame in a public duck shooting reserve's mud. I had fears it would be there as well for a whole winter wallowing in water. But a local entrepreneurial farmer learned to drive the duck swamps tracks looking for stuck in the mud vehicles "but I would not be able to go and get my tractor for less than one hundred dollars" .... and yes it was paid quickly and easily.

More Isard/Chamois and Roe deer, wonderful. I have to get to Europe and finally score on a roe buck, a common trophy for Europeans, some having hundreds on the walls, none of my wall yet! A roe (female) only to date, for meat for the land owner.

Thanks again for the story.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com