tinker
(.416 member)
15/07/19 06:58 AM
Re: Wild Boar Attacks 2019

Good for you guys who get better performance out of the dot sights than the irons.
It's just not that way for me. At this time in my life I am starting to see my eyesight losing it's edge.
I've tried most all of the best optics available, always with the same general results - a bit of hunting for the dot, and for me the dot isn't a dot it's a smudge.

I have a Merkel 375 here today that we've fitted with a Trijicon RMR (I also have a similar product from aimpoint), I'm adjusting it to the rifle. For it's class of sight it's top shelf, but same issues with clarity for me. It's my astigmatism. The 'seeking for the dot' issue is basically me looking for irons - which to be fair to the conversation accounts for only a couple tenths of a second. Together the issues definitely get in the way of a fast shot.

At some time I'll likely need to do something about my eyes getting older and I'll hopefully get some remedy with front sight illumination. I've gotten fantastic results with fiber optic bright day sights. I've worked with tritium lamps, with mixed but mostly positive results. I'll pursue those routes as far as I can.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com