Postman
(.375 member)
07/01/19 05:36 AM
Re: airgun rat shooting with night vision scope

The airgun market has changed VERY considerably since I was a kid!!!! I stumbled into a modern airgun shop in Peterborough, Ontario and was totally blown away by the new technology available to the modern airgunner.... I walked in looking for a heavy and powerful springer and ended up with a pre charged pneumatic. Calibers run from the very mundane .177 pellet guns out to .50 caliber!!!!!! I ended up purchasing a .22 but in hindsight I wish I’d have bought a .25. The FX line of pellet guns are smooth bores with rifling in the last 4 inches of barrel and are accurate to a fault. I ended up with an FX Royale model.

After I “liberated” my fancy new pellet gun from the store, I brought it home, mounted a scope, pumpd up the carbon fibre cylinder, loaded the rotary magazine, and then settled in to shoot some test rounds. The first shot was on paper but I couldnt find where the next several shots went...... I came to realize with utter shock and total disbelief that all the pellets went in the SAME HOLE!!!!!!! Only 25 feet between the muzzle and the target, but still, accuracy like that from a pellet gun? And a pellet gun that crowds 1200 fps to boot!!! The damn thing is able to shoot a .22 pellet clean through a pine 2x4!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love the pre charged design as it allows a rotary magazine which means the rifle functions similar to a bolt action cartridge rifle in that I don’t have to do much of anything other than to quickly and effortlessly work the bolt in order to shoot the next round. The internal regulator ensures stable and constant velocity from shot to shot which means better consistency from shot to shot.

This is serious shit!!!!!!! The reason I would have preferred the .25 caliber is that the pellets are near twice as heavy as the .22 pellets and shoot to a similar velocity which to me means superior penetration and hunting performance.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com