93mouse
(.375 member)
04/12/18 07:07 PM
Re: Pics of the day - Hunting in Europe

Thanks Ripp - it was indeed.

Hey 57 - long time no see, but what a way to be back with magnificient news - congratulations - I am glad it worked out! Must tell you we have an wolf population explosion here and all attempts to get a shootable quota are blocked...

The dog is Bayrischer Gebirgsschweißhund or BGS in short as Lancaster pointed out.
Bitch belongs to a friend of mine that is a PH and on driven hunts too occupied to lead it, so I take her out instead of him and we are clicking together just fine - the pic above was taken after succesful tracking of wounded red deer hind for 12 km, through wolf and bear infested rugged hilly country - incredible job, hard to believe untill you see it in person. It is a unique feeling to follow experienced dog (for days if it takes) without a single doubt that it is spot on trail...

Sadly they don't last - as some older members remember my old one - she passed away peacefully on Oct. 23rd 2016.

On Tuesday she refused to eat on Friday she declined water on Sunday she was gone...Here is a pic of her, 2 days before going to the happy hunting ground. She was 16 years old and had a great hunting life.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com