Lutz
(.224 member)
14/05/14 06:45 PM
Re: Eastern European Traditions

On german hunting forums this thread would be a 'chips and beer' topic. Because there we have the ultra traditionalists and ultra 'oekos' (ecological oriented hunters) and ervery mind between those.

Quote:

Everyone else had finished theirs in the hut, but I took my unfinished beer with me, and got some looks.

In Germany you had to be sure to hold your beer only in the left hand!

Quote:

I like the German tradition with hornblowing for every specie shot, animals laying on beds of spruce,
fires in the corners of the exhibition of the animals. Nice to be guest on such hunts, a lot of work for those doing the arrangements.

Today this traditions are only celebrated on driven hunts with many guests. At least where I am hunting its like that. It is a bit of tradition, folklore and not missing a joke.
Every driven hunt has 'king'. Usually it is the college with the biggest or highest animal shot. Highest(?), yes there is a ranking, common is roe deer < wild boar < red deer.
The boss has to say some words about the day...and so on.
On individual hunts (the most practised form) we (I) do not so... I think it is more important to be respectful or ethical to the animal you killed.

Quote:

I think itīs a good tradition to take care of trophies and in that way honour the animal. I donīt like when people have shot an ok trophy and just throws it away.

Yes it is, but on the other hand we have a lot of people (hunters) that do not understand or don't want to understand that hunting in Central Europe (or Germany) is more a wildlife managment.
They are just looking after good trophies, thats all. Sure, they are also shooting female and young game but a doe is boring for them...and that are not the ethics I prefer.

Are my bad rests of school denglish understandable?

It is not the biggest hunting bag.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com