mikeh416Rigby
(.450 member)
31/03/03 03:46 AM
Re: My first game ever

My first game animal was a Wild Boar in Taiwan. I was stationed there in the service in 1967-1968, and got into a conversation about hunting. Up until that time, I had only read about hunting, and also listened to deer hunting stories from my Uncle Vince. Anyway, we started talking to some of the locals, and found out that the mountains in the area held quite a few Wild Boar, and were considered to be rather dangerous, as the critters were nasty, and the jungle cover was very, very thick, limiting visibility. The favored method of hunting was for 2 hunters to treck into the forest, and search out areas where you could find tunnel like trails through the overgrown bush. Then the 2 of you would sit back to back with your rifles trained on a bend in the tunnel, and wait for the hogs to appear. You would hear them long before you ever saw them. On my first outting, my buddy and I shot 3 hogs, and we brought them back to the base where the cooks in the mess hall prepared them outdoors in a fire pit. They were excellent!, and I was hooked on hunting after that.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com