Sville
(.400 member)
06/12/11 09:45 PM
A german driven hunt

This weekend I was on a driven hunt in Germany. The last years I have been invited to this hunt. The area is located in former east Germany, in a agricultural landscape. We hunt on 175 ha forest land for 2,5 h. This year the result wasnīt as good as the last years. We only shot 48 games!!! In the past it has always been more than 50. It is a great hunt, you hear shots all the time. Dogs barking. Animals running on all sides around you. Fast running Wildboars with dogs rather close after them. Fallow deers tight in groups. Roe deers jumping and seldom stay still. Itīs great!!! We did shoot 18 Wildboars, 18 Roe deers, 9 Fallow, 1 Hare, 1 Fox and 1 Raccondog. I did use my DR in 9,3x74R which is perfect for this sort of hunt. Afterwards itīs all German hunting tradition, Horn blowing, the animals put up in lines of rank, first Fallow, then Wildboar, Roedeer and Hare, Fox and Raccondog outside because they donīt belong in the line. We get soup and sausage and a fire is burning. In the evening we have a hunting dinner, this year it was a Geese dinner with plenty of beer. Itīs a long drive for a 2,5 hour hunt, 800 km and two ferrys. But as I have heard from some of the Australian friends, that’s nothing to complain about!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com