peter
(removed)
21/05/09 06:23 PM
Re: roebuck season 09(another one :) )

and the neverending saga goes on.

Last evening i desided that i needed a small break from the kids and horses(been riding scoop for a few hours to entertain him and me)

so i stalked a few hundred meters to a chair i have overlooking a small clearing, and i just sat down and enjoyed the peace and quite of the forest.

it only took half an hour and a small roe came out and started feeding around the clearing, when there is one there is usually more so i just sat there, looking at her.

10- minutes later another came along again a roe, but she kept looking over her back at the forest so i knew that the buck were in there, looking out and making sure that no evil were around.

well he should have looked a bit more because when he cleared the forest and came onto my land, i aimed for his shoulder and let the bullet fly, now im used to the buck falling over when i shoot them, but i had taken niickys steyr SL 223 that evening and the buck reacted as hit by a heart bullet but started on a dead run back into the forest.

And he was gone.

i sat there for awhile, second guessing myself, and going over the shot in my mind. after a smoke i rose and went to the place where i shot at him and found no blood trail or anything, since the buck went on another mans proberty, i couldent go in there.
luckly in denmark we have an official org. called the sweisshound reg. and i called the nearest one in my area, by then it was dusk and he said that it would be dark before he could be around, would i mind it if we started this morning at 7:00 i agreed to this and he arrived promtly at seven with his drathhairs, we went to the point of the shooting, and he let his dog search the area it struck the trail at once and after about 50 meters the buck were found.

i was so relived when i saw that the shot was a good one and he was dead on his feet when i saw him, he just needed some meters to realise that.

so all is well that ends well, i payed the sweeishund handler his price of 15 $ and gave him a tip of a 100$ because of a job well done.

best regards

peter

Contact Us NitroExpress.com