peter
(removed)
17/05/09 03:40 AM
Re: roebuck season 09

yes yes yes

16 may roebuck season starts in denmark, and my newphew had asked if he could come out with me(he is 11) i agreed at once without asking his mother( major mistake, but got sorted in the end)

so i picked him up yesterday(friday) and he slept at our place, we rose at 3:00 AM and drove the 45 min south from my place to the forest, where i am part of the syndicate, that rents it.

we have had beautiful weather for month or more but that desided to change overnight with strong winds rain and temps in the 6-8 celcius, it was bone chilling cold.

we went into my part of the forest, and started to stalk around, and after 15 minutes a buck presented itself, but alas it was to small for my taste this early in the season. so we saluted him and went deeper into the forest.

next option came and went in a flash, as the buck came chrashing through the woods at top speed, i had the hollis 12 bore with me and swung through the buck as he went by only to discover that he to was to young as well.

by now the rain were almost flushing my 90 pound newphew out to see, so we went back to the hunting cabin to dry out a bit, and see if the weather would change anytime soon. it wouldent so i desided to call it a day, much to my newphews dismay.

i had a plan B off course, so we jumped back in the car and drove 1,5 hours to my inlaws place, where there were less rain and a lot warmer, so we sat and watched a a field for about 20 minutes when a couple of roe's appared, and then 2 more. well no self respecting roebuck could leave these fine ladies alone, so after 5 minutes he came trotting along, really full of himself and not realising that we were there as well. (terminal mistake)

we stalked a bit closer and i let the shot fly at 50 meter's, the buck caught the bullet just in front of the shoulder, with the exit just behind the opposite shoulder and just toppled over dead.

i must admit this were one of the better days, out stalking with the next generation and he loved every minute of it and cant wait until next time.

i hope to get back out there tommorow.

i will be back later

peter

Contact Us NitroExpress.com