Postman
(.375 member)
20/11/16 05:37 PM
Re: Heym: The wait is over..., 10-2016

Wow!!! Heym really knocked it out of the park with this one!!! In my experience, the 88B is extremely accurate, well regulated and beautifully built in all aspects.

With this new 89B, the styling changes are at least to my eye stunningly beautiful and take an incredible rifle to styling perfection.

The one feature I don't see are cocking indicators. On the 88B, they may have been somewhat untraditional, sticking up out of the top of the receiver on either side of the opening lever the way they do, but to me they are very useful and easy to read, simply by feel.

The other glaring omission is a sidelock version. The new web site shows no side locks at all...... I wonder if Heym has exited the sidelock market, or if this is simply a marketing nuance of how the web site was built? Maybe an 89B sidelock is not ready for release yet and they have removed the 88B side lock from view on the web site so as not to distract attention away from this new rifle? I honestly can't imagine Heym walking away from the side lock market to focus just on box locks? I would imagine that box locks steadily outsell side locks, so it makes sense to focus efforts in that direction, but when playing in the very high end rifle market, one would expect to see side locks.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com