9.3x57
(.450 member)
19/03/08 10:49 PM
Re: Any Webley Fans

Quote:

Morning Captian,

The 455 Webley cartridge is of larger diameter than the 45 ACP. When 45 ACP ammo is fired in converted Webley revolvers, the cases bulge. They are then either split or so large as to be unusable.

The conversion was popular when 455 Webley ammunition was difficult to obtain and 45 ACP hardball was common. Hornady makes 455 Webley brass; at Graf & Sons it costs $30 per 100.

Take care, Tom

Offhand I don't know the chamber dimensions, but a friend has one with the cylinder faced off to handle 45 ACP cases {most common ACP conversion} and cases come out of the gun looking like they were made for it; no splitting, bulging or other indications of oversize chamber/undersize brass. He uses clips with his and the gun functions well for him.

A question though for you who have alot of experience with the MKVI gun...

It has been years since I shot it, but when I did shoot my friend's MKVI, slowfire single-action, I frequently had the hammer stick on half-cock. Weird, huh? He NEVER had the problem. Weirdest thing to me, since we experimented, handing the gun back and forth, me shooting, then him, with the hammer sticking on half-cock for me and the gun firing reliably for him. I had no trouble with DA shooting.

Marrakai, et al, ever seen this condition with one of these guns before?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com