9.3x57
(.450 member)
22/12/07 01:43 AM
Re: .327 Federal Magnum--Ruger Pistol

Quote:

Quote:

I still want a fast .30-.32 cal auto pistol round chambered in a modern light, flat pistol with good sights and good trigger pull.

I've always been interested in the AMT 30 carbine. Not sure why.

I've wondered about that one, too. Grip frame is very deep and feels a bit worse to me than a CZ52 which I don't like. There is a lot of flash with a .30 Carbine pistol, too as is demonstrated with the Ruger Blackhawk version as well.

But the ".30-cal" pistols have a lot going for them. Few people seem to give them much of a try, as most seem to gravitate to the deer-killers and from there on up. But the current trend in field handguns totally leaves me dry. I am not a "handgun hunter" per se, but carry a handgun daily, and shoot mostly vermin with one. Carrying around a .460 Ruger does not appeal to me at all.

Funny thing is that it seems to be easy to make converts to the flat .30's. All that needs to be done is to turn a fellow loose in the woods with one {ditto the .22 pistol for that matter}!!

John Barsness wrote an interesting article some years ago about his packin around of a .30 Luger and how much pure fun he had with it. Absolutely true, and that cartridge falls a bit behind the 7.62 Tok. He found the truth about handguns and the woods, however; for 90% of the critters to be shot in the field, a .44 is totally unnecessary and in fact may be something of a detriment.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com