NONE
(.300 member)
16/01/04 10:04 AM
Re: Best handgun for self defense

I carry and prefer the .45APC. I have over the years tried them all but I keep going back to the .45 . I find that for myself its the most knock down power in a small controllable package, I prefer the Colt Commander lightweight series, full length grip for control yet shorter slide for concealed carry and light weight.

I am a bit biased toward the .45 after carrying one for a career for some time in custom built colts of various types and stocked with the 230gr federal hydra-shock I always felt well protected.

I to loved the idea of the 10mm and belive it to be a wonderful cartridge, its only draw back for me and the reason I don't carry one is the recoil and affect it has on my second shot quick double tap and multiple string accuracy. I carried a custom Bren-Ten years ago one of the first 10mm to come out and love the pistol as well as the Delta Elite.

As always practice and bullet placement is much more important the caliber with in reason. I do not feel under gunned with a .380 if need be because I trust my shooting and bullet placement, the saying goes "a .44mag at home is not near the stopper as a .22 in the pocket when you need it" (Clint Smith) My sea camp .32 is a backup because I don't feel safe with it as a "bad situation" stopper but in certain times it beats nothing.

James F. Nixon III

Contact Us NitroExpress.com