lancaster
(.470 member)
29/02/24 05:08 AM
Re: Mauser C96 carbine

this high power would be the right gun to hunt turkey!

in fact similar to the Mauser C 96 stock. I had both, C 96( in 9 Para) and the long artillery luger with shoulder stocks and love it. sold them 18 years ago but thats another story.
its probably a question of the personal taste but I am a strong believer in the shoulder stock pistol.
imho, its the better submachine gun because full auto is a doubtful capability. in the 90s we had the possibility to shoot on the local military range once a month. one range had bobbing targets, size of a soldier, maybe 1,50 me high. laying on the ground with shoulderstock pistol I was able to hit any target with the first shoot. up to 200 meter without adjusting the sights, simple aim to the head, maybe hiting the knee on 200 meter but the target turn down.

if you don't like this you will not have fun. have shoot the C 96, Parabellum long and short barrel, also the 6 inch long .22 RF insert and the Stechkin APS that having a C 96 type shoulder stock but most times made from bakelite and not from wood.
there are not many shoulder stock pistols, the FN high power, the Lathi pistol, the old bergman pistol and of course the M 1893 Borschardt.

the US short barrel rifle law is stupid but any country have a stupid gun law ot two so does america.

I have something at the planning stage but it will need some time to be ready. you see it here

Contact Us NitroExpress.com