NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/10/23 09:39 PM
Re: Are Revolvers still relevant?

Quote:

After watching our local police do their annual handgun training with Glocks.
I have seen ground hits within 1M of their feet all along the 25m range up through the target through the bay number on top of the frame into the top of the Butt and off into the never never. And i haven't mentioned the ADs.
At least in the days of the revolvers they didn't fire so many unaimed shots or have ADs.

Ha ha. Same in SA. The cops that shoot well are those interested in firearms and shooting, dhoot as a sport and/of practice. Most are probably frightened of guns.

The local cops used to practice in a quarry on a farm block of mine. That stopped decades ago, when the quarry operator destroyed all their target frames with his grader. So long ago they used the .380 ACP semi autos, some .357 revolvers. I always wanted to visit when they were popping away but never did. Might have seen if they can't hit anything,or could?

I can't see how people can't hit a target at 5,7, 10, 15 metres etc, even missing the whole paper target. I can throw a stone or a spear better than that. Speed drawing, yes, more difficult, but at close range recently I wasn't even consciously aiming, at the man shadow target speed shooting, as it's so easy shooting centre of body mass.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com