NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
01/02/23 09:47 AM
Re: IPSC rigs and gear - Homer? Others?

Quote:

I haven't shot IPSc for 38 years so am out of "touch" with things associated with that sport.
The sport turned into a Race Gun game here so I lost interest.
I started off in IPSC with my 4" Model 29 back in 1975, switching to a 1911 in the early 80's, then selling that pistol and quitting the game.
I used a small & slim, hard leather cross draw holster back then, that went with the pistol. Not sure they are even allowed nowadays.

I'll have a look and if not interested do my own thing. In any case I compete against myself. Not too worried about competitions. Not yet anyway. Become proficient with using a handgun in different scenarios.

Holsters? I was told lots of guys use some sort of rig with no holster "bucket" at all? Extremely quick to draw. I prefer to learn with something closer to "real life". Given of course we are only allowed to use handguns at ranges.

I also prefer plainer handguns. Don't need a "race" gun.

At some point I want to add a .45 ACP. While difficult to get a permit for, I believe certain disciplines with steel tip over targets does get permitted.

A .22Rf at some time as well. Fun and easy target shooting. The AURRPC club has loaner .22 RF handguns as well. Have to try them out.n

Contact Us NitroExpress.com