260rem
(.375 member)
11/06/22 02:42 PM
Re: To mr Zihn and all building Howdahs

Quote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/.455_Webley

Quote:

The .455 cartridge was a service revolver cartridge, featuring a rimmed cartridge firing a .45-caliber bullet at the relatively low velocity of 650 ft/s (190 m/s). The result was a cartridge and handgun combination with comparatively mild recoil. The .455 MK III "cupped" cartridge was rated superior to the .45 Colt in stopping power in the disputed United States Thompson-LaGarde Tests of 1904 that resulted in the adoption by the U.S. of the .45 ACP cartridge.[citation needed]

?

With my vast tiger hunting experience I am unsure. . But I think hitting it quickly the first requirement. And a revolver had plenty of follow up shots.

That's very reminiscent of the handgun for grizzly topic a little while back.
More rounds or bigger rounds and I'd think the same solution would fit both problems.
In the case of the Tiger it's suddenly right their a few feet in front of you, in the case of the bear it's more like a few meters.
You won't shoot a bear in defence with a handgun if you can back away, your only going to be shooting when it charges in close so very similar methods of defence should see some overlap in solutions.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com