93x64mm
(.416 member)
30/04/22 07:16 AM
Re: Your handgun armoury

Quote:

I actually just got one back yesterday from another member on this forum (Tinker) who did some work for me. It is a Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt.. One I wear when checking cattle in the forest and mtn. areas... replaced the factory barrel with a more accurate custom and had him put a gold front sight on for easier sight acquisition in darker areas.. as in timber and getting charged by a bear Looks really nice..

I might replace the walnut grips on it for something a bit bigger and more rubber like (Pachmayer). I am not a big person but have big mits.. The little factory grips feel too small and awkward in my hands..especially if I add a couple more grains of powder to the reloads..

I have not shot it yet however Tinker stated it was shooting exceptionally well with a load he cooked up..so, I will start there ..

Yes we are rather jealous of you cousins across the pond, get all the good stuff & lots of it to play with. Glad to hear you have something that fits the bill in dark areas Ripp, might have been a bit small for the buffalo charge but it only takes one good aimed shot!

As to Tinker doing the work for you....half your luck!!!
One very aptly named gent

Contact Us NitroExpress.com