Ripp
(.577 member)
29/04/22 11:25 PM
Re: Your handgun armoury

Quote:

Nice listings gentlemen. Creates some ideas.

I know Marrakai has at least two from my list.

I know some of our American friends can make lists making Aussies and many other countries people green with appreciative envy. Curl has a great collection too. But at least we do not live in the UK where there is a complete ban.

Most of my friends have quite a few handguns.. in excess of a dozen or more...some have several dozen up to and over 100... they are just handy to have around..

Recently in a local gun shot where I purchased a 1873 Colt in 45 Colt caliber from the collection, the shop was selling a gentlemen's collection that had passed away.. he had over 1,000 Colt collectibles.. A 1000... impressive number for one guy...

I actually just got one back yesterday from another member on this forum (Tinker) who did some work for me. It is a Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt.. One I wear when checking cattle in the forest and mtn. areas... replaced the factory barrel with a more accurate custom and had him put a gold front sight on for easier sight acquisition in darker areas.. as in timber and getting charged by a bear Looks really nice..

I might replace the walnut grips on it for something a bit bigger and more rubber like (Pachmayer). I am not a big person but have big mits.. The little factory grips feel too small and awkward in my hands..especially if I add a couple more grains of powder to the reloads..

I have not shot it yet however Tinker stated it was shooting exceptionally well with a load he cooked up..so, I will start there ..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com