Ripp
(.577 member)
20/04/22 01:47 AM
Re: Bear Gun Shootout: 10mm vs .44 Mag.

Quote:

Same species. Just different sizes based on the location and sources of food. Armchair expertise.

Can't see why that makes a huge difference for cartridge choice? A .30-06 won't suddenly kill a brown bear? Or was it grizzly?

So many many useful cartridges missed out from the "7", I guess because advertising not paid for them!

A very obvious choice, the Euro 9.3x62. And the American .338/06.

As is often the case.. a LOT of info in these articles are a bit overstated, IMHO.. there is no reason an '06 with the correct bullet and placement won't do the job and do it well.. However, I hunted mine as a offer after I was on a do-it-yourself caribou hunt.. So, borrowed his fathers 375H&H.. grabbed a group of mixed manufacturers ammo out of an old cigar box and went hunting..

IF the bear is wounded and you have to go in after him.. I personally would want as big of a firearm as available.. They are big and nasty.. one hit will and has killed many of individuals.. The guide I was with at the time told me his buddy had gotten killed guiding a client the year before..

I have a lot of friends and acquaintances who have used 7mmRem Mag for them . and '06.. with no issues whatsoever..

Pretty much its all in whatever your comfortable with.. In Africa I feel better with my .416Rems than I do with one of my 458Win's.. each to their own..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com