NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
24/02/22 06:28 PM
Re: Buying a .22 RF handgun will make my life easier!

Quote:

If you are purely target shooting at say a 10/25/50 yd range, I suggest a Ruger. The price is right and accuracy is excellent. Semi-autos are great fun to shoot.

However, if you also will carry the handgun while hiking or hunting, I suggest a DA revolver (like a S&W17) which has the advantage of also shooting 22 CB caps which are quite and, at short range, accurate and stout enough to kill a pigeon. I have shot 22 CB caps indoors, using a small trap and not disturbing others.

Now, if available and you want some excitement, buy a S&W 53. Shooting 22 CB caps and 22 LR are great fun but shooting a 22 Jet is much better. BTW, some "learned" scribes claim that the Jet backs out the cylinder; howevee, in owning a S&W 53 for 30 years, I have not found that to be true. Maybe I fail to grease my cylinder??

If it was legal, that would be fun, plinking away in the house at a target in a cartridge trap. Reminiscent of Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary, who had an indoor range in his castle at Konopiste.

A .22 RF "cap gun" or an air pistol or rifle.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com