Hunter4752001
(.300 member)
21/02/22 01:15 PM
Re: Buying a .22 RF handgun will make my life easier!

The best .22 rf for you depends entirely on what you want it to do.

While the standard Ruger Mk whatever has a good reputation for both accuracy and reliability, the 22/45 frequently fails on the reliability side. Possibly something to do with the feed angle, but whatever the cause its a frequently encountered problem. Then again you may be on of the lucky ones.

The S&W 17 is a great gun. I prefer the older style, it doesn't have the barrel underlug, but YMMV.

The Ruger single six is a fun gun especially if you're into single actions. Maybe not the most accurate as the rifling is designed as a compromise between .22rf and .22WM.

Sig Mosquito looks cool, but poor trigger, poor sights, poor reliability. Basically a POS.

A second hand High Standard would be ideal if you want top line accuracy. But be aware they weren't designed for high velocity ammo and may have frame cracks if a previous owner ignored that. Still love the old world milled steel, fine adjustment and quality.

1911 conversion units etc. Forget them if you want accuracy. Only purpose is to rack up attendances.

I like Glocks but haven't had a chance to try the G44 so can't comment.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com