vykkagur
(.300 member)
11/03/21 03:12 AM
Re: The 455 Webley....BRITAIN’S BIG-BORE HEAVYWEIGHT,

Quote:

Not sure what happened to the Anderson Wheeler Mk VII Webley copy in .357 Magnum. I used to speak to Stuart Anderson Wheeler about six monthly. The family sold the business to a buyer who was to bring in increased capital and the introduction of shotguns, rifles, handguns etc. Never really was updated with just what was happening at that point. Played phone tag and ended up never getting in touch. Maybe a year ago, touched base again and received a call, I never followed it back up. I must do so.

I think a proper sized Mk VI sized handgun in a suitable calibre perhaps .357 Magnum would be far preferable. Than some Indian ghetto gangster pocket .32.

Hopefully the Indian gunmakers tool up to something devent. The Indian article waffles about all sorts of the usual Indian irrelevant guff, pollie diary schedules and what not. Does mention "future intentions" of tooling up for military production.

IF the AW 'Webleys" are still being made at some four to ten times the price (!) and some better priced Indian handguns, that would be a plus.

One of our members had ordered two of the Anderson Wheeler handguns, and if delivered I would have thought in his hands by now? Or not? Would be good to see them, if they are now in his hands.

I read a gunshow report two years ago where the reporter asked one of his British counterparts about the status of Anderson Wheeler. His pithy reply centred around the words "tits up".

Contact Us NitroExpress.com