NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
17/02/21 05:32 PM
Re: Does your holster match ???

Quote:

As for shorts in the heat, well I leave you to determine how hot is hot enough; but Ive lived in temps regularly over 98F and temps in the 100s wasnt unheard of, and I never wore shorts (or sandals)

98 F that's pretty cool.

Wore shorts to the indoor gun range yesterday and a polo shirt. That;s pretty fashionable. But not sandals, I have misplaced mine. So I wore my leather Rossi (like Blundstones for Aussie Eastern staters) work boots with socks. Now that is looking dorkish. What I wear normally in Summer, except on the farm a safari short sleeved shirt.

Edelweisee, you misunderstand the East African chic. It was VERY much dress down in the day and for the rich, dress up at night. Safari clothes, trousers, even shorts and shirts, dusty, dirty whatever, during the day. Black Tie and Ballgowns/dresses at night.

Thankfully I live in Australia where as Homer says, things are more relaxed. In business circles it was once suits and ties. I had a German lass come over from Germany to work at a local accounting firm. She said Australia was much more formal than Germany. This was a Chartered Firm, not a genera office environment so she was correct. Suits were expected at Chartered Accounting firms. When I was in London at a CA firm I was probably the best dressed in the 1800 staff, having six tailored suits, and tailored monogrammed business shirts. One or two partners were the same, earning some twenty times what I did. However my clothes were "Bee Chow" of Hong Kong, not Saville Row tailors.

When I worked for a winery, the standard was trousers and a business shirt. No tie required. But we aren't just office bound dorks, even though the CFO I often visited the winery, cellars, crushers etc. When visiting the bank, yes a suit was worn. When the bankers visited us at the winery, yes I worse a suit. And found out my boss had ordered them to dress casually! So my tie quickly came off, and a jumper instead of a suit jacket.

Bankers which decide purely on clothing are not bankers capable of doing a good job these days. I know multi millionaires who are very casual. Part of the times.

A smart person dresses appropriately for the venue and occasion. And doesn't need to play dress up.

Yes when I visit my club, the standard depends on the room! Trousers, never jeans, and a button shirt is expected these days. And suit and tie for some rooms, and black tie for many events. Polished shoes of course. I still will wear my "work" boots, my good, well polished pair. Even at the club, one week we were told short sleeves were allowed for a formal room, as it was so hot. But no shorts. At some club shoots there is a "dress up" competition for the person wearing the best tweeds. At a pheasant shoot I hope to attend oneday in Victoria, tweeds are expected. I will have to get some!

I prefer safari clothing anyday and everyday compared to stuffy shirts, ties and jackets.

Back to the holster stuff. IF I wore one, I would wear a brown holster with a brown belt.

However the most important question these days, is does your face mask match your clothing or make a fashion statement or not?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com