Homer
(.416 member)
17/02/21 07:01 AM
Re: Does your holster match ???

G'Day Fella's,

I agree Edelweiss, "The Times, They are a Changing".

It was the same down here in Australia.
Men used to dress in Wool suits, with a tie and hats, in stinking Hot, Summer conditions.
But these days, things are a lot more relaxed.

If it is Hot, I generally spend most of my time, in the "Funshop", dressed in a pair of shorts and thats it (No A/C!).
Customers of mine are used to seeing me, dressed this way and I make no appoligies for it.
If I'm working on a job where stuff is going every where, I will where an apron, but I'm usually bare chested.
But I only go as far as the front yard/lettebox, dressed like this, as I like to try and set a good example.

As for my handgun carry, colour co-ordination, I have always worn or made Brown holsters and belts.
These days, my main IPSC competition pistol, is a Steyr-Mannlicher, M9-A1, in 9x19mm.
Getting a shop bought holster for these, is difficult. So I machined up a dummy slide from a slab of Aluminium, of the same dimensions, and then use a heat gun, to reshape Glock Kydex holsters to match.
My belt these days, is usually a 1 1/2" - 38mm wide, of platted Kangaroo leather, that a mate/customer made for me.

D'oh!
Homer

Contact Us NitroExpress.com