Ripp
(.577 member)
14/10/20 01:10 AM
Re: Fading away?? The 45 ACP isn't going anywhere....

Quote:

I would own a .45 ACP 1911 in a flash.

And if I was a crim would own several! I noticed decades ago, a person could buy frames in Victoria and every thing else except for the barrel for a low price. The barrels were registered in Vic. In SA the frame was registered but not the barrel. Put them together and voila!!!

Mr Plod I unfortunately never did it. No need for a raid! And I read bikie gangs were doing it a few years later.

The .45 1911 was reportedly one of the most popular handguns in Australia pre the gun steal off Mark 2 when most handguns greater than .38 and 9 mm were slen off law abiding Aussie shooters because some chink student in Melbourne murdered maybe three persons with a handgun. A massacre!!! The steal off was designed to eliminate as many handguns as possible with calibre restrictions and barrel lengths. A lot of manufacturers thankfully immediately offered slightly longer barrels and foiled the evil dwarfs plans. But not the .45 ACP.

Some target disciplines are permitted larger calibres, such as metal silhouette and even IPSC in some states but not SA.

U would own one without a doubt if not more than one. A true classic and still as relevant today.

I have a older Colt Gold Cup, from back in the early 80's.. stainless, like new in the box .. hidden away.. thinking perhaps I need to break that out and use it.. Who the hell am I saving it for? Not like I am going to sell it..

Have several other models in 45 ACP.. was actually carrying a 4" on me last weekend while riding my horse through the forest looking for stray cattle... Like Daryl states, I am reasonably confident whatever I run into out there the 45 will handle..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com