Ripp
(.577 member)
06/05/20 11:58 PM
Re: Colt Single Action Army-- 45 Colt Caliber

Quote:

Ripp:
In Australia that's for handguns only: they are tightly regulated here compared with longarms.

Some jurisdictions here may require a minimum-size property for justification of the genuine reason to apply for a shooters licence, all necessary since the post-Port Arthur sh!tstorm, but for most of us a simple hoop to jump through.

In many ways we have it easier than you guys:
no hunting licences, tags, bag limits or seasons for pigs, goats, deer, buffalo etc. With property access, we just get stuck into it anytime we like. All good.

We do have a hunting season actually:
1st January to 31st December!

-
Thank you for that explanation.. and yes, in terms of hunting licenses you certainly seem to have a more liberal (hate that word) hunting season..

I was thinking more of what was posted in terms of what is and is not permissible around the world anymore when it comes to firearms. Canada, just in the last week, made dozens of firearms illegal as well.. It seems governments around the world are certainly concerned about what is and is not acceptable for their civilian populations to have.. I find that troubling.. Seriously, what is the harm in having a target range?? Will one of the plates run after someone and kill them?? It all seems very odd to me and way to restrictive on personal rights. Guess its similar to what you feel about hunting seasons??

In the meantime, keep hunting I guess..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com