Rule303
(.416 member)
06/02/20 09:45 AM
Re: Ballistic effectiveness..which handgun caliber is most eff?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Too bad the article did not include the 10mm. There are a number or rounds that seem fairly potent.

True, the other thing missing is how do the various projectiles work if they hit bone and/or have to go through glass first.

Ripp, I am glad someone picked up on my "Holes in it" bit. I had it typed before I had thought of the pun. Like a lot of people I would rather a projectile/round that will get through a bit. Some of the 9mm rounds can not be relied on to take out the brain stem with a shot from the front as wont get through the teeth and other bones.

With the Glock I found I faster back on target with a 40 cal then +P 9mm. 9mm subsonics is another matter.

Which glock you using??? I find my 34 and 19X to be reasonably quick

Ripp, standard Glock 17 and 22. I found the 40 cal to recoil straight back and up, just push forward and back on target. The 17 with +P's tended to come back and rise to the right from memory. So two dimensional movement not one. These are only small movements but still required. The G17 with subsonics is a different matter. The heavier 9mm's like the Highpower and CZ75 are a dream to use even with +P's.

Ripp that bit about violence in the US is fairly much what I tell people over here when they try and claim the US is a violent place.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com