DarylS
(.700 member)
28/01/19 11:35 AM
Re: The-case-for-the-1911...

LOL - got Ripp's e-mail and came right here. Don't know why I missed it this morning.
All, the .45 ACP 1911 - I've been thinking I need to buy another one.
Alas. I sold my slightly altered 1922 years ago, to a lass who wanted it for a Christmas present for her husband.
Wilson barrel, ported, new links, springs, bushings - trigger, sear - well worked on a little buy a buffoon- me.
But work it did.
It loved cast RN's and fed SWCs as well, but for longer range accuracy, it favoured the 260gr. Speer HP, driven by 12.0gr.
W630 powder. That clocked out at 960fps and smacked that bear HARD, right through both lungs.
I did head-shoot the other, a mite closer in the side of the head with a 230 hardball - lol.
Yeah - liked the 1911 I purchased as a .38 Super, but changed it over after getting a .45 Colt Treatise with articles on the
.45 by Ed Sanow and a bunch of others, including Jeff Cooper.
I was hooked on the "big bore" hard and fast. I wasn't much interested with the 185 SWC's that most guys
were shooting in IPSC, I wanted power, which led me from the 250gr. SWC to the 300gr. .45/90 bullet sized down to .452".
With 7.7gr. Blue Dot, it rang out at 770fps and smacked my steel plates so hard, they'd re-set themselves.
Yes - .45 Colt, for work, personal protection or protection in the field.
With those 300gr., I know they'd work on grizzlies, but then, so would the 260 Speers.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com