NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
21/03/18 12:20 PM
Re: Handgun of the Empire

Quote:

Thanks, John. I seem to remember discussion that their double rifle used in a Bond movie was made elsewhere. Maybe I don't remember that correctly.

Stuart said the handgun was being made by them. No one else makes a Webley style revolver. Maybe something in India.

As for other A-W firearms, they appear to be selling several types now. A side by side, under and over, shotguns. No idea how or who is making these. Changes occurrred at the company making it far more resourceful. The additional firearm types appear to be a result of this.

Back to the handgun. It has been asked what it is used for? Ha ha. What is any handgun used for? Purchased by owners to shoot. Targets, hunting, self defence. Whatever is legal in the owners jurisdiction. For owners looking for a historic Webley styled revolver in a modern new guise.

I think there will be a fair number made over time. For enthusiasts of the Webley style revolver. Not a huge number per year. The British premium makers don't make a lot of firearms of the super high standard each year. They aren't mass produced stuff. And few times available "off the shelf" unless the maker makes the odd firearm as a showpiece which may not be pre-ordered and custom made.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com