SharpsNitro
(.375 member)
30/11/17 12:42 PM
Re: Handgun hunting?

Quote:

My 45 Long Colt is the FA Model 97,it already has a 45 ACP cylinder but the frame is not long enough to get a 454 cylinder. Only the FA Model 83 has a long enough frame for the 454. I’m sort of trying to not buy a new revolver and figure out if I actually get into handgun hunting before I buy a dedicated 475 or 500.

At this point I think I’ll buy the SSK mounts and a 2x Leupold for the current 45 LC. Get reloading components and see what happens. I have never loaded a round of handgun ammo but what the heck, got to start somewhere.

It seems the cylinder on my FA revolver is shorter then the Ruger cylinders so I need to figure out how to account for that in the load development process.

I guess I need a holster as well. I’ll probably start with a Freedom Arms cross draw but if anyone’s has a favorite Model I would love to hear about it.

Very excited to tackle a new project!

Sorry about that. I missed that you had the small frame. You could talk to Hamilton Bowen to see what he might be able to chamber for you on that frame. He started working on those a few years back.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com