Ripp
(.577 member)
01/11/17 04:28 AM
Re: Is the 40 S&W DEAD???

Quote:

I think its dead, in europe it never realy start to breathe

The 9 mm Parabellum aka Patrone 08, 9 mm Luger, 9x19 NATO is in service for 109 years now and it will be there when everyone here watching the carrots from below

remember the noise the gun magazines make about it in the early 1990s. all were happy, gun magazine had something to write about and gun industry had some new stuff for sale even every maker of submachine guns offer the model in 40 S&W.
dont know if they ever made a deal with 40 S&W submachines.

by yourself a good parabellum pistol

I agree with the above..

As to effectiveness of the 9mm..a friend of mine was back in town last week.currently traveling the world with one of the SEAL teams..I asked him what he/they were currently using..he also stated the 9mm...reason was more rounds per magazine and less weight when carrying a lot of ammo for distance.. ..

Train here in town with a former SEAL team 1 instructor on handgun..also a 9mm fan...

Think one of the most striking comments on this article that is NONE caliber related:

“LEOs miss between 70–80 percent of the shots fired during a shooting incident.”

Logic would seem to dictate if this is true, more rounds available would be better, IMHO..apparently in high stress situations accuracy goes out the window...along with not enough range time apparently..

Personally, I carry and shoot all of the above..but 99% of the time I have a S&W Shield on me in 9mm --without the safety feature...While staying in my hotel rooms traveling, a Glock model 17 or 19..with 2 or 3-- 30 round mags...figure that will at a minimum give me a fighting chance to get out of the building..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com