Maxim
(.224 member)
16/09/17 01:48 AM
Re: 1911-pistol- 100-plus-years-of-dependable-service....

I too shot IPSC at it's inception with a self assembled 1911 from an AMT (Arcadia Machine and Tool boy is that a long time ago) frame, a beat up Gold Cup slide and over time, a few barrels, slide stop pins, mainspring pins. Poor thing must have 50-60,000 through it. Not as tight as it used to be but I get it out and blast. Have a couple more and cracked the frame on a no name frame right in front of the trigger guard, never saw that before. Always fun when some one comes by and has never fired a 1911 and the look on their face after a magazine or two...
Had an opportunity to shoot the Les Baer guaranteed match job and it was sweet, but nearly $3K.

I was Ordnance officer for 60 - Glock 22's when they first came out and the only thing they could manage to break on them is knock the front sight off. I never replaced anything except the mainsprings after a few years which we just felt was prudent for pistols going into harms way.
I found with the Glock 26 smaller stature persons who do not grip firmly, the thing short strokes though I never have had that problem.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com