Ripp
(.577 member)
15/09/17 11:08 PM
Re: 1911-pistol- 100-plus-years-of-dependable-service....

Quote:

I find the 911 to be a sizeable and weight pistol. Suits me and a mate who is somewhat shorter and has a hand size to match his height.

The 911 and the Browning Hi power both have, to me, the best grip angle of any hand gun. Just wish the Glock's grip angle was the same.

Meant to add. The 911 is one of the most reliable, in mil spec, hand guns going.

If you are looking for a polymer with a better grip angle, the gen 5 Glock is improved however I feel one of the best I have shot in the past year is the H&K VP9...and has an excellent trigger and better sights than the out of the box Glock, IMHO..

Don't think you will ever get a polymer that will feel like a 1911 however..same can be said of the trigger...that is a timeless design..no one had really improved on since..

Back to the Glock, I have shot several with a ZEV trigger in them..very very nice...but also an addl $265. I just picked up a Model 17 Gen 5--putting new Trijicon sights on it this week..want to shoot it compared to the H&K...will advise

thx

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com