Ripp
(.577 member)
14/08/17 02:18 AM
Re: Glock Gen 5--now can be pre-ordered..

Quote:

Sounds like Glock built a Gun to meet a contract.

The only "get my attention" feature is ambidextrous slide release-I am a lefty, but have never considered non-ambi a determent.

When you posted this Ripp I was anxious to see if they might have used the slide/side safety. I saw mention some where that Glock provide such an equipped guns for the military tests.

Hey DoubleD,

I believe from what I have read, that was one of the requirements for the US military,,to have a safety..

I am sure Glock is less than impressed with not winning the contract, hence the initial objections filed by Glock when it was awarded to Sig.

As I mentioned in other posts, IMHO, Glock has been resting on its long standing reputation and laurels without making the changes needed to keep up with its competitors. Based on what I have shot recently, I believe the military made the correct decision. I currently have at least 5 or 6 Glocks, along with Sigs, Kimbers, H&K's and S&W's...my current favorites for the plastic guns are the current crop of Smiths and H&K.s,,both have better ergonomics, triggers and sights out of the box than the Glocks..

I just spent a week in SLC training..not that this matters, but in talking to one of the major sports goods stores there, the mgr told me they sell the S&W Shield for concealed carry to the general public basically 3 to 1 of any other manufacturer..AND, now with Smiths 2.0 versions coming out, like them even more..nicer trigger and more aggressive stippling...
Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com