Ripp
(.577 member)
06/04/17 06:47 AM
Re: The-460-Rowland-Conversion

Quote:

Interesting, 2 different Glock models 21 and 30, 1911's and S&W .45's.

I think a ported .500 S&W would be my preference on bear-carry. I fired one a while back at the club, with factory Hornady and it kicked less, was actually comfortable to shoot, compared to my 4" m29 shooting 300gr. commercial cast bullets and H110/W296 I had been shooting that day.
I was able to smash 2, 6" diameter granite rocks on the 50 meter bank with 2 successive shots, just standing 2 handed. Seemed to hit well for me and was fun to shoot. My 4" M29 is NO fun with those loads. I had the round butt rubber grip on it that day.

I must say, though, when I was using a 1911 with 300gr. bullets for informal combat matches I put on for the guys I instructed, I had total confidence in the pistol, just as I do in my wheelguns.

The .460 Rowland conversion should be no different, except maybe my right wrist would not be able to handle the recoil. I need more weight in the gun.

Yes but Daryl, you are not just a mere mortal..

I would like to try one and see how it works..I shot a 460SW with a 3" barrel a year ago for an afternoon..did not like it..the axis seems way to high for me and just not balanced at all ..

Had a Glock model 20SF redone..custom barrel, trigger, stippling on the grip...had the knuckle buster trigger guard smoothed over and trijicon sights..shoots really well and is very comfortable to shoot..have a feeling based solely on what I read, the 460 might be somewhat of a different story

Contact Us NitroExpress.com