DarylS
(.700 member)
15/10/16 03:29 AM
Re: Ruger-introduces-one-button-takedown-mark-iv-pistol

Good thread - enjoyed reading, except for Postman reminding me of the draconian laws we have.

Just kidding - well done PostmMan.

When Bill68 hit the streets as law, I only had one handgun that wasn't a prohib. LOL.

Funny thing is, THEY have never come around to check on my storage which is or isn't an interesting 'thing' - it's always a thread, I guess. Best to have at least 2 locks between the open air and the handgun. They are SO dangerous, after all. LOL

Often was the time, back in my Corrections Firearms Inst. days, that I had a couple extra handguns (with no paper work) in my locker. I did some work on our instructor's 'service revolvers', as in polishing actions and bores & strip cleaning.

Forgot our cleaning kits (6" bl. Smith M10's) on one trip down to the Justice Institute for training and ended up going through almost 2,500rounds of cast handloads with ZERO leading. The J.I.'s cleaning kits were for 4" - our 'service' revolvers were 6". Those were the day - almost "easy" to shoot possibles all week.

Now, the only .38SPL. I have is an old Colt Police Positive. It's the best Double Action revolver I've every used, for firing DA, that is. It's as easy & accurate to shoot DA as SA.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com