Postman
(.375 member)
26/09/16 10:46 PM
Re: Glocks! Thoughts?

OMG!!!!!! Tupperware in my gun safe????? At least when you clean it, the thing is dishwasher safe....... I made that comment to a lady cop friend of my social planner when the ladies were gathered at the kitchen table yammering on about girl stuff while I was loading the dishwasher (pardon the pun) before going out to shoot IPSC. She was left a little bit speechless and chose to politely ignore my baiting comment. The cops up here don't get to choose their own. They must carry what their masters issue to them.

Almost all IDPA or IPSC shooters will shoot a 1911. The best of the best shoot 1911s. Why? Because it is the fastest and most effective sidearm for the "play combat" gamers, and one will struggle to be competitive if one chooses an alternative. The Glock double action trigger is not a friend of speedy-accurate shooting, particularly for a shooter is habituated to single action triggers, and one must learn to shoot it effectively.

As for the Glock, they are incredibly strong, accurate, utterly reliable to a fault, and relatively cost effective. Oh, and did I mention how utterly reliable they were? I have seen two Glocks outright fail in all the years I've been at this shooting thing. And the cause of the failure? The incompetent owner had a habit of seriously over charging his cases and blew them both sky high. On the second blow up, he lascerated his trigger finger and thumb pretty badly but other than that, He was pretty much unscathed. Not the Glock's fault at all and it would seem to prove out the statement that you can't fix stupid, repeating a serious and potentially fatal mistake more than once.

As for .45 GAP, I've never even heard of that caliber. Most guys shoot .40 cal, and a fair number shoot .45ACP. If it makes you happy and brass isn't an issue, then have at it.

I honestly can't give you a personal experience based opinion on its suitability for a daily carry gun because we are not allowed to do that in Canada. Only the criminals are armed in Canada. The police forces like 'em because the accidental discharge likelihood is greatly reduced with the Glock design, ergo it is a much safer issue firearm than having to deal with the additional training issues and scary looking public presentation that is associated to the open holster cocked and locked 1911 carry condition.

As a side note, and at the risk of hijacking the OPs thread, here in Canada, a previous Liberal justice minister, Alan Rock, brought in bill C68, a highly flawed and highly restrictive piece of anti-firearms legislation, and upon doing so, loudly declared that only the police and military should have firearms, and if you wish to shoot firearms, you should join the police or military. His words almost verbatim were the same words spoken many decades earlier in the late 1930s by Heinrich Himler as the Nazi party was rising to power in pre war Germany.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com