Ripp
(.577 member)
20/11/15 04:07 PM
Re: Handgun for IPSC - your thoughts

Quote:

Thanks JB.

I'm still trying out various handguns. I didn't get to the range for months, and am NOW (corrected) trying to make up for it.

I was going to ask about SIG's and I see you mention one model. I know they are not cheaply priced. But how do people find them?

I know one of the other members has a Walther. But a number of people advised against them? People always have their personal preferences.

I am inclinded strongly towards a double action semi auto. As wouldn't this be 'safer' and quicker when drawing a handgun from a holster with a round in the chamber?

John

I do NOT compete in handgun matches..but do have or have shot most of what has been discussed. I personally own 4 or 5 sigs..very well made and very reliable..my one complaint on them is they sit high in the hand..too high really for my liking for fast target acquisition ..agree with what most on here have said with the 1911 models..again have several of these in various makes..nothing in my mind fits my hand like a nice 1911..and many are now making them in 9mm along with 45acp. If it were me that is the way I would go..as to safety, they are as safe as any of them IMHO

I also have H&K's, tried the new Walther PPQ (nice gun) and have several glocks and springfied armory pistols as well..all nice but still like the 1911 the best and my go to gun for concealed carry.

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com