eagle27
(.400 member)
08/03/15 07:18 AM
Re: Handgun of the Empire

Quote:

Way to do 303 - well done. If I can help, just ask.
I suspect .45ACP dies will work just fine.

All this reminded me of the 1917 Colt parts I was supposed to send to Dan Pharris - action parts and a .44SPL cylinder.

45 ACP dies are all I used to load for my Webley .455. They work perfectly. The three die set does everything needed on the .455 case.

My Webley slugged at .452" so it handled any of the commonly available handgun 45cal projectiles giving good accuracy with all. The 200gr Speer "flying ashtray" bullet was a favourite jacketed bullet for me, also shot a lot of cheap Winchester 185gr FMJ "Keith" profiled bullets I came across and my own 250gr cast were great. If you have access to a small lathe it is simple to thin the rims and cut to length 45 Long Colt cases which last a lifetime in the 455 Webley. Unique powder is the one to use with all bullets in the Webley.

BTW the shell holder I used was one for the 303 British which fits the rim diameter of the Webley case but just needs a shim cutting out to fit in the shell holder to take up the 'slack' due to the thin Webley rim.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com