Rolf
(.333 member)
04/01/15 08:19 AM
Re: Handgun for IPSC - your thoughts

Hello John,

I am shooting IPSC in Germany and currently I am using the Heckler&Koch Expert in .40 S&W (Major category) and with a second slide/barrel/magazine set in 9x19 for cheap practise.
This combination I can really recommend if you look for a gun with reliable function and very good precision.

But with the restriction to 10shot magazines I can recommend the original (8 shot) SIG P210 (in the cheaper military/danish model) with some modifications added:
- substitute the standard magazine release at the grip end with a button in the same spot as the Government 1911-model (magazines must also be modified)
- sights should be changed for quicker alignment (standard post and the corresponding notch are narrow)
- safety latch with a small extension
- if you receive a hammer biting into your hand web: a filler can be added

For the SIG P210 there are some .22 RF conversion kits available, even one of SIG.
The quality and reliability of the gun is outstanding and you never have to worry about precision, itīs always the shooter!
I used two SIG P210 in local matches and they never let me down!

best regards
Rolf

PS: In case you visit bavaria, please be invited to try a SIG P210 (with above mentioned modifications) at my local shooting range :-)

Contact Us NitroExpress.com