Rell
(.375 member)
04/01/15 12:08 AM
Re: Handgun for IPSC - your thoughts

I shoot a little IPSIC on Long Island New York.

I used to use a Sig X6, it is truely awesome. Certainly one of the most accurate and easy to shoot 9mm pistols ever made. Completely reliable and good 20/24 round mags are available. It can use ten round mags but you need a custom mag extension to be able to seat them well with the big mag well.

Once New Yok went to 10 round mags it became less fun and I switched to a Wilson Combat Super Grade CQB in 45acp. Mostly I use 10 round mags but occasionally shoot 8 round mags in single stack division. I also have an Ed Brown 1911 in 9mm and have used it when my 45ACP ammo supply was low. The 9mm is great and I shoot it we a bladetech holster and standard 10 round mags. It's really fun.

I have a tonne of hand guns but shoot the 9mm and 45acp more then all others put together. Get a Kimber 1911 22lr and you can practice drawing, presenting and breaking a double tap all day long for very low cost. Same holsters and grip make muscle memory easier to obtain then switching around with many different makes and models.

I carry an Ed Brown Light Weight Cobra Carry and it really makes for a decent system.

Good luck, it can be quite addictive.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com