Ripp
(.577 member)
08/10/14 06:23 AM
Re: Federals Premium vital shock 10mm ammo--1275fps..180gr

Quote:

That's interesting. I've never had that happen although I've only put a few hundred rounds through mine. Even the Double Tap loads performed well. Did they offer you a replacement pistol?

I read about the rumored Sig last week. I'm not sure what to think on that one, years ago I was a Sig fan before they were "cool". I had a P220 with the bottom mag release, a P228 and a P230. I have the impression that their quality has slipped of late. That and they offer so many variations I give up trying to figure out what is what.

Honestly think the quality of most gun manufacturers has slipped in the past 10-15 years..time is money. the faster they can crank them out the door the more money they will make..so they find alternative methods of production which typically does not lend itself well to a high quality firearm..however there are exceptions..Have a little Tikka I bought a couple years back in 22-250..factory ammo shoots under 1/2" all day long at 100 yards..all that for $600...deal of the day in my opinion...I have been hearing horror stories of Remingtons as of late..not sure how long that has been going on but think its certainly gotten worse in the past 5 years or so.

For a better quality gun I have gone the way of semi or full custom..you pay a little more, but typically much less frustration...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com