9.3x57
(.450 member)
06/10/14 01:06 PM
Re: Federals Premium vital shock 10mm ammo--1275fps..180gr

Quote:

Rod,

What were the issues with your G20? I'm curiouse because I have a G20 and G29. Mine don't get a lot of rounds through them.

The main problem was slide over-rides. It shot low-power stuff fine, but high-speed stuff jammed constantly with the slide over-riding the top round in the magazine. It can be exacerbated by a "hard" hold but the problem I have since found is not that uncommon with the G20. The new Gen 4 recoil system methinks might have it solved by providing a firmer resistance to late stage recoil. The slide needs to be slowed down a little to allow the top round to rise enough to be stripped. Hard-holding the gun allows the recoil the slide reciprocation cycle to occur faster. Picture backing up the gun with a brick wall. In this case, "limpwristing" actually helped the reliability.

The gun was incorrigible.

I've not heard of this problem with other Glocks models, just the G20. A looser hold helped, but did not prevent the problem.

Glock by the way was great to deal with. Very helpful.

Here are some pix. I really prefer the SIG P250 trigger and wish they made the 250 in 10mm. If they bring out a 10 in P250 or P320 format I'll have to buy one! I really like the 10mm. Great pistol cartridge.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com