StephenCoker
(.300 member)
22/05/13 01:57 AM
Re: SIG P220

I have a great deal of experience with SIGS. I have competed in IDPA shooting matches with 220s and have performed action jobs on many of them. I've found them to be of high quality, very comfortable / ergonomic, accurate, and reliable.

However, I am not a fan of the inconsistent trigger pull of the double-action / single-action (DA/SA) designs in general. I can manage it, but I don't like it. Under timed drills I was always a bit slower, and my first round on target was always a bit outside the rest of my shots. It was still in "center of mass" though. I managed it, but it seemed to take a lot out of me in terms of concentration and manipulation compared to running the same practice drills with SA designs such as the 1911, Hi-Power, and CZ variants. I believe that SIG now makes a SA version of the 220. Should you have the same concern, that might be something to look into. Also some CZ-75 variants can be shot as DA/SA like the SIGs, or can be carried cocked and locked. If you like the feel of the SIGs, then you will absolutely love the feel of the CZs.

I also feel they're a bit over-complicated. There's just a lot of springs and gizmos in them! For the Swiss, that's normal, and they make it work very, very reliably. I guess my complaint is from the view point of working on them as well as using them. A friend and I often joke that if the SIGs were made by anyone besides the Swiss, they wouldn't work!

Hope this helps!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com