Checkman
(.333 member)
08/03/13 12:05 PM
Re: Finally found a Colt Official Police. Only took three years.

Quote:

Nice find.

I owned a OP for a number of years. An old nickel plated, 5" barrel gun stamped Detroit police dept. I bought it from the widow of a Detroit copper who was issued it in the '40's. Should have kept it.

Daryl the Police Positive is indeed like it, except smaller frame. Innards are pretty much the same.

I like the DA pull on the Army Special/Official Police/Python {all the same guts}.

I dumped all my wheelguns except for my .44 a while back and only have autos now, but I had a lot of fun with a S&W Model 10 collection, etc.

Don't see too many Colts.

If Colt revved up and restarted making the New Service I'd start buying wheelguns again...

I like those old Detroit PD models. I love the fact that Detroit used to issue revolvers with a nickle finish. I have vauge memories of going to visit my grandparents in Detroit in the seventies (I was actually born there. My mother born and raised. Moved to Idaho in 69 when I was couple years old). I recall seeing Detroit cops and marveling at how "shiney" their revolvers were. What can I say except that I was very young.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com